Come, let us follow Jesus.

Only one life, 'Twill soon be past; Only what's done for Christ will last.

Verse of the Day

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Trust

"Now oh whom dost thou trust."Isaiah 36:5

Reader, this is an important question. Listen to the Christian's answer, and see if it is yours. "On whom dost thou trust?" "I trust," says the Christian, "the Son the man Christ Jesus. I trust in him to take away all my sins by his own sacrifice, and to adorn me with his perfect righteousness. I trust him to be my Intercessor, to present my prayers and desires before his Father's throne, and I trust him to be my Advocate at the last great day, to plead my cause, and to justify me. I trust him for what he is, for what he has done, and for what he has promised yet to do." (Charles Spurgeon)

I've been thinking a lot lately about where my loyalties lie and who or what I put my trust in. I confess that it is terribly easy to place my trust in the things of this world. Those things that I can perceive with my five senses. I can easily place my trust in money for it provides me with security.....until I die. I can easily place my trust in food for it provides health, nourishment, and even comfort.....until I die. I can easily place my trust in a loved one here on earth for they can provide me with a sense of belonging and being loved.....until I die. Upon our death we shall go before God, and He will set His Holy Law before us and ask us what we have done to fulfill His law. Everything we have done will be burnt in the furnace of His righteousness and we will have nothing unless we cling to Jesus Christ and what He has done for us by dying a sinner's death on the cross and resurrecting from the dead. Christ and Christ alone is what fulfills God's law, and Christ's righteousness can be given to us if we will but accept it.

The Holy Spirit has used this Holiday season to put in me a spirit of gratitude for this salvation God has given me through Christ Jesus.

No comments: