Come, let us follow Jesus.

Only one life, 'Twill soon be past; Only what's done for Christ will last.

Verse of the Day

Friday, December 4, 2009

God's Plans

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you," says the Lord. (Jeremiah 29:11-14 NLT)

This scripture encourages me. It's a promise of God to the people that belong to Him. A promise that says no matter what situation I am in God's plans for me are for my ultimate good. Whatever I am going through I can hold onto the promise that God is at work within the circumstances. God also says, "I know the plans I have for you". God has already laid out your happy ending. If you are a Christian and have received the blood of Jesus Christ as pardon for your sins then you will be made complete in Christ. However, all stories have a journey of hardship before the happy ending and ours is no different. We must journey through heartache so that we may learn and be free to love God.

Christ suffered and died for us. Shall we not then suffer and die for Him?

No comments: