Come, let us follow Jesus.

Only one life, 'Twill soon be past; Only what's done for Christ will last.

Verse of the Day

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Greatest Commandments

This is a journal entry I made on January 13, 2010.

"Today is the date when multiple recovery efforts were mobilized for a devastating series of earthquakes that ravaged portions of Haiti. As I sit here in my recliner with a roof over my head, my stomach full, and the warm sunshine pouring in it feels like paradise. However, not very far away, one of the poorest countries in the world experienced one of the worst earthquakes ever. The death toll is at 100,000 and rising.

"The most important commandment is this.....And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength. The second is equally important: Love your neighbor as yourself. No other commandment is greater than these." (Mark 12:29-31)

How deep and all encompassing are these commands! These commands are big enough to guide and direct your entire life. Jesus help me! Help me fully and completely keep these commandments. I need Your help, Jesus, to do it for sin pulls at my desires daily. Let my desire be to love You and to love others with Your love."

Today, as Haiti contiues to recover, what have you done to love God with all of your being? In turn, what have you done to love your neighbor as you so generously love yourself. I'm talking to myself as well for I struggle with this all the time. We, as Christians, must be melted and moved by the love of the Father. We must see each individual we come across as Christ Himself. How different we would act if that was our viewpoint! Don't just imagine what could be. Act! Act on the love that the Father has shown to you. Then people will see that it is God loving on them and not you. All glory goes to God alone for what He has done through Jesus Christ! His death is our death, and His life is our life.

No comments: