Come, let us follow Jesus.

Only one life, 'Twill soon be past; Only what's done for Christ will last.

Verse of the Day

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Question?

I am thankful for what God has revealed to me through Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit. God's truth has resonated through my life and transformed me into a new person. I have been saved from myself and my sin through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, my Savior and Friend.

I do have a question. It seems as if the rest of the world's religions are focused on works. What I have to "do" to gain salvation. Is Christianity (the relationship with God gained through Jesus Christ) the only faith that requires us to totally rely on a stronger being outside of ourselves to gain salvation? I have found that to be true, and it has caused me to be more confident in my belief. For God showed me, through a series of life changing events, that I could not do it myself. I tried.......and failed miserably! I just do not see how one can justify a religion based fully on works.

If had to rely on myself to gain salvation I would be a hopeless cause.

1 comment:

Making Things Grow said...

I too am thankful that works don't save. If that is waht it took, I'd me in a mess. Praise the Lord He made a better way.